Friday, February 7, 2020

Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1


The Opportunity
Who? Real estate investors, property managers and residents.
What? A need for better communication and management capabilities between all parties involved in the real estate market.
Why? There is an increasing trend in real estate investment.

The Hypothesis
Testing the who: real estate investment is a complicated undertaking and effective communication and management is needed between all parties involved.
Testing the what: While real estate investments can vary greatly in scope of size and complexity, some level of effective communication and management is needed in every scenario.
Testing the why: with real estate investments increasing dramatically, there will be a greater overall need for effective communication and management.

I interviewed some individuals that I believe are affected by this issue. First, I spoke with my uncle who is a real estate appraiser in Tampa. He believes there has always been some level of miscommunication between investors, property owners and residents because they are almost never in contact with one another. I also spoke with a University of Florida student who had consistent difficulties in communicating various issues with the owner of his residence. Additionally, I spoke with my mother, who is in the process of attaining her real estate license. She was very intrigued with the idea of a portal that allowed effective communication between parties and more streamlined ability to manage various aspects of the investor or owner’s property. These interviews further validated my hypothesis that a better mode of communication and management of investment properties is a great opportunity to exploit in this growing portion of the market.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dirk,
    I like how thorough you were with your interviews because it translates to a good gathering of information, which is why your post is so well done. I liked ow you emphasized communication because I think the most successful businesses are ones that are welcoming to new customers and that means being able to easily facilitate communication between the consumer and the business.

    ReplyDelete