Friday, February 7, 2020

Solving the Problem


The opportunity that I selected stems from the economic trend of increasing investments in real estate. In an economy that has become increasingly integrated with technology, I believe that an app that allows for effective and efficient communication between the parties involved in the real estate market (investors, property owners, residents, etc.) as well as management of investments could be very beneficial. In the interviews I previously conducted on this opportunity, many of the residents I spoke to lament the complications that arise in communicating to their landlord. And in speaking to my uncle and mother who are involved in the real estate business, they supported the idea of a service that made managing investments more streamlined so that investing in real estate can be a venture available to more individuals with less investment experience. The app would essentially exist in multiple domains. One for managing investments, and one for communication between all parties involved in the real estate infrastructure. While it is still a very unrefined concept, I believe that the combination of market growth and increasing technological integration make it broadly appealing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dirk,
    I agree that your idea is appealing. I think this is a great idea and you seem like you know a lot about the subject, especially because you have family members in that business. I think investing is important for everyone and real estate investment especially because real estate is very lucrative today. I think this is a great idea and I can't wait to see where you go with it.

    ReplyDelete