Thursday, January 30, 2020

Entrepreneurship Story

Around 15 years ago, my dad began a job as the general manager of a relatively young, but growing company called Living Fuel that proudly marketed themselves as the most convenient and delicious way to attain your daily nutrients. Their signature products included the meticulously formulated SuperGreens and SuperBerry powder that could be added to shakes for a powerful blend of vitamins and minerals. Throughout most of my life, I’ve had many opportunities to talk to the owner of the company, KC Craichy, about his experiences as an entrepreneur. Interestingly enough, KC didn’t intend for Living Fuel to become a global business initially. He began formulating the product because his wife Monica had been dealing with severe depressive episodes for years and he wanted to experiment with an approach to treating her that was sustainable before turning to costly prescription antidepressants and psychotherapy. It was only after he had received an influx of positive feedback from friends and family about his product that he decided it would be a good idea to put it on the market. I found it very interesting that in KC’s case, he didn’t necessarily have lofty aspirations to become a successful entrepreneur. He merely analyzed a problem that had been affecting his life and came up with a solution, which then grew into the market as more and more people experienced its benefits.


I enrolled in ENT 3003 because as a pre-med student I had not had the opportunity to diversify course load very often. I believe that an entrepreneurial mindset is something that can be beneficial for everyone to have in any profession, and I hope to learn a little bit more about how I can effectively find and fill unmet needs in the market as the semester progresses. 

Image result for living fuel

No comments:

Post a Comment